What to collect now: Antique Brooches

When I was little I loved visiting my grandmother and playing in her jewelry. Her favorite Saturday morning outing was to cruise the neighborhood for yard sales and purchase vintage jewelry, nothing expensive, just fun, colorful, often quirky, and interesting. I was reminded of those early days when I received the email from anthropologie featuring the vintage brooch necklace. My grandmother passed away when I was twenty-something before marriage and kids. A good friend of mine suggested that I keep all of her old jewelry for a dress-up trunk, just in case I ever had a little girl. It's still upstairs hidden' away in an old hat box. And yes, I did have a little girl, who is not so little any more, who loved playing dress-up.


I can think of so many reasons to buy this necklace.

necklace + boyfriend jeans + white t-shirt = day at antique market
necklace + sundress + cowboy boots = date night
necklace + my new book + glass of wine + pj's + candle = girl's night in


During my annual visit to the Winston-Salem antique show held Thanksgiving weekend, I always stop and browse the vintage brooches in building one. I pick out my favorites and linger but the
thought keeps running through my head ~ "What are you going to do with them?"

I think the wedding bouquets from fantasy floral designs are just so incredibly cute!


Fantasy Floral Designs

Fast forward 10 years...Madison's bridemaids. Substitute cowboots for rainboots!


Brooches: Timeless Adornment

You have read this article antique brooch / floral design / weddings with the title What to collect now: Antique Brooches. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2010/05/what-to-collect-now-antique-brooches.html. Thanks!

No comment for "What to collect now: Antique Brooches"

Post a Comment