I Spy Seashells...


While searching for seashells, I discovered this charming Sea Captain's house in Sag Harbour. You know how it works. You get the idea for a post and go in search of interiors that captivate you and will add pizazz to your post. Suddenly, you get sidetracked from your mission when you find a killer house filled with inspiring details that make you covet. Well...on that note, welcome to the lovely home of Swedish antiques dealer Jill Dienst in Sag Harbor, New York.

I have seen many of these images before but seeing them in their entirety at this time of year when I am craving the serenity of a family home on the coast, this home simply put just made me covet...



I can't decide what I like most about this home but know I love the bleached floors and calming paint colors. They make an amazing backdrop for this house full of Swedish antiques. I can just imagine walking through that front door every day and catching a glimpse of that killer stair rail. I have to admit...that really does it for me!


There was something very familiar about the image above and being the google sleuth that I am, I went in search of more only to find out I had fallen in love with this gray wainscot before...



It seems that this Sea Captain's house was previously owned by interior design Steven Gambrel. It was fun to see how the interiors have been interpreted by two very talented, different individuals. I really like both! Here is a link to the home when it was owned by Gambrel from the designer's portfolio here.


The dining room showcases a collection of antique eighteenth century glass something I collect. I love the way it is displayed. The paneling is faux painted.



I adore the kitchen, the old world charm of the vertical paneling, open shelving and painted floors in combination with the modern range and that stainless steel table on casters. Oh my!


and the bedrooms! No explanation needed.






This lovely home left me wanting more so I went in search of Jill's Swedish antiques and look what I found. Dienst + Dotter specializes mainly in Scandinavian antiques, paintings and objects from the 17th century to the mid-20th century including a large collection of 1920-1930s lighting by Danish master Poul Henningsen. Dienst + Dotter is a reflection of owner Jill Dienst’s lifetime of passionate collecting for her own homes and pays homage to her early career influences. Before launching Dienst + Dotter in 2005, Jill Dienst spent decades at some of the finest public and private institutions in the art, antiques and design world. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Didier Aaron, Inc. and time with Jacques Grange’s design studio all helped frame her unique eye and appreciation for the finest of art and antiques.
You have read this article Sea Captain / Swedish antiques with the title I Spy Seashells.... You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-spy-seashells.html. Thanks!

No comment for "I Spy Seashells..."

Post a Comment