The Fish and The Goat House


When Margaret Russell took the helm as Editor in Chief of Architectural Digest, I decided I would take a chance on the magazine and just see how she might update the pages of this industry icon. Last night, I finally had a few minutes to actually curl up with my July issue and discovered a few pages that caught my attention. I have been a BIG fan of interior designer Amelia Handegan of Charleston, South Carolina for many years and this issue features a casual, low country beach home on Folly Beach in South Carolina. I know you are wondering why I have entitled this post "The Fish and The Goat House." That is how Handegan has affectionately referred to this cottage on the online rental site and it truly reminds me of how I spent my summers as a child, in a beach cottage menat to be lived in with bare hardwood floors, rustic, wormy paneling and pure bright whites.

I have a surprise for you. This morning I wanted to share with you this casual, comfy, stylish little beach enclave from the pages of Architectural Digest only to discover that Mrs. Handegan offers this spectacular little gem as a summer rental here. I grew up going to the small coastal beaches of South Carolina and this little cottage is exactly what I want from a coastal retreat ~ authentic coastal cottage style.

"This place is reminiscent of how living at the beach used to be," says Handegan of the sandy stretch known as Folly Beach"


These incredible curtains and the valance are made from humble burlap!



An antique suzani hangs above the bed in one of the guest rooms. The walls are painted Benjamin Moore's Pink Bliss.




Handegan transforms an antique Asian table into the bathroom vanity and tops it off with a Turkish bowl for the basin.


Some of the compelling details from the Architectural Digest photos have disappeared. In AD the home featured some of the most amazing softly worn antique dhurrie rugs in soft pinks, tangerine and browns. Yummy! I couldn't find these images online so you'll just have to pick up the latest issue of AD to gush over the rugs.


I am looking forward to spending a few days at the beach soon! School is still in session here. Ughh!

Here's some of my favorite interiors from Amelia Handegan's portfolio:







Photobucket
You have read this article amelia handegan / beach with the title The Fish and The Goat House. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/06/the-fish-and-goat-house.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The Fish and The Goat House"

Post a Comment