Window Shopping in Charleston


I just returned from a few days in Charleston and took a few photos.  I thought you might be in the mood for a little window shopping. I just adore Charleston!



The blurry picture above is from the window at Vieuxtemps. Pamela Tidwell creates these lovely florals by hand in hard paste porcelain in the style of 18th century Meissen and Chinese porcelain. Her pieces are highly collectible and are a favorite of designers Charles Faudree and Charlotte Moss.

I love visiting South of Market on King Street. The displays are so graphic and fresh. I just want everything in the store, literally everything!

South of Market

South of Market


The photo above is the King Street window of Niche Interiors, the storefront of interior designer Matthew Bees. I didn't get to visit inside this store because it was by appointment only. I loved the simplicity and clean lines of this window vignette. The little silver compote held pretty white porcelain fruit.


Lunch at Husk at 76 Queen Street, the newest offering from Chef Sean Brock of McCrady’s.

A trip to Charleston is not complete without visiting Alexandra at 156 Queen Street. This lovely french antiques shop simply takes my breath away.






I always visit Circa Lighting at 426 King Street to see the latest in lighting. Although their online catalog is wonderful, I highly recommend visiting the store in person. The finishes and scale are so nice and hard to judge from online photographs. I fell head over heels in love with these two sconces.


I visited the Charleston City Market for a few gifts. I brought home a couple of these sweetgrass crosses to tie on top of graduation gifts, a sweetgrass floral bouquet and some very chic boho bags made from patchwork vintage batik.





Here's a picture of one the boho bags I bought at the city market. I actually bought two. One for a friend's daughter who just graduated from high school. She got one of the coveted spots at the NC State school of design in the textile design program! I have been struggling trying to find just the right gift for such an artistically talented graduate as a preppy monogram just wouldn't do for her. I just know she will love it. The other bag I got for my daughter for is returning from a mission trip to the Dominician Republic tonight just after midnight. I have really missed her and can't wait to hear about her trip.

Have a nice weekend!


Photobucket
You have read this article Charleston / travel with the title Window Shopping in Charleston. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/06/window-shopping-in-charleston.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Window Shopping in Charleston"

Post a Comment