Amelia Handegan's Beach Retreat



More from the little cozy, coastal cottage from Amelia Handegan! I am totally smitten with this little coastal retreat and thought you might like to see these gorgeous photographs from the recent article in Architectural Digest. You may remember that I blogged about this beach retreat just a few posts back but did not have these stunning photos to share.

This little hallway would have surely made the front page for my recent post on painted floors. Can you even stand it! I am loving this graphic pattern in all black and white, a great way to turn this little awkward hallway into a passage of discovery.


I have been captivated by Mrs. Handegan's use of color from the first time I viewed her work and the image above is a great example of why. The crisp white coastal shiplap walls and ceiling with the amazing textures from the antiques and well edited accessories mixed with the soft worn colors of the rug and pillows really does it for me. It's just so interesting and relaxed. I truly don't think I would ever tire of this cozy little room.

I should also mention that I covet the little chair in the foreground.




And this little jewel box of a screened porch...book by day, wine by night!


I used to do this same thing and collect shells from my morning walk on the beach and line them up along the railing. I never get tired of collecting shells along the beach.


I really, really want this rug.


From my earlier post, you may remember that these lovely curtains are made from burlap. The walls are painted pink like the inside of a sea shell. The palette and texture remind me of the sand and sea shells.





Are you traveling to the coast this summer?
Photobucket
You have read this article amelia handegan / beach with the title Amelia Handegan's Beach Retreat. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/06/amelia-handegan-beach-retreat.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Amelia Handegan's Beach Retreat"

Post a Comment