Father's Day and the Hardware Store


When I wasn't at the flea market with my father, I was dangling from my father's hand at the hardware store. It's amazing to me now how much I remember about these simple little outings. I still love a trip to the hardware store, the local corner store with big bins of grass seed, vegetable seedlings, flower bulbs and endless rows of little drawers full of bolts, wheels, locks, and nails. I used to like to stick my hands in the bin of grass seed. Old Mr. Cox with his pipe was always there to make suggestions and even made my wooden gingerbread house to decorate for Christmas.

I guess that's why when I received an email recently from House Beautiful about the great things you can buy at the hardware store, I paid attention. I thought their list was very creative but just made me want to go to the hardware store and make my own list.

For Father's day, I thought I would share my inspiration.

If I give my husband a gift card to the local hardware store, do you think he could make me one of these?


Or put casters on an old driftwood stump and make me one of these?


Happy Father's Day to my wonderful father!

I love you!

Photobucket
You have read this article father's day with the title Father's Day and the Hardware Store. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/06/father-day-and-hardware-store.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Father's Day and the Hardware Store"

Post a Comment