Room by Room - Considering Paint Colors


{Benjamin Moore - China White}

No other task can transform a house into a home more easily than a fresh coat of paint.

 A good friend has asked for my help in choosing paint colors for her new home. She has lived in the same family home for many, many years and is now downsizing and looking for a fresh new color palette. I know I have my favorites but also know how important it is to have a visual of how a paint color sets the backdrop and tone for a room. Designers go-to paint colors used to be such a tightly kept secret. I am so grateful to all the designers who have revealed their favorites and made note of a color when it is featured in a magazine.

{Foam core sample boards in my kitchen}

Picking paint colors from those tiny little paint chips is such a cruel joke! 

When picking colors for my own home, I paint large foam core sample boards and leave them in the room for several days. I like to see how the colors change as the light throughout the day changes.

Here are a few of my most favorite spaces and their corresponding paint colors.

{Benjamin Moore - Healing Aloe}


{Farrow and Ball - Elephant's Breath}

{Farrow and Ball - Clunch; Interior Design: Phoebe Howard}

{Benjamin Moore - Rockport Gray}

{Benjamin Moore - Silvercrest}

{Benjamin Moore - Ashwood}
{Farrow and Ball White Tie; Ina Garten's Desk}
{Benjamin Moore Aganthus Green
{Farrow and Ball French Gray}
{Farrow and Ball French Gray}

{Benjamin Moore - Greige; Interior Design: Phoebe Howard}






Photobucket
You have read this article with the title Room by Room - Considering Paint Colors. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2013/10/room-by-room-considering-paint-colors.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Room by Room - Considering Paint Colors"

Post a Comment