Wreaths a plenty..


Knock, Knock...can I come in?

Don't you just love visiting friends and family during the season, standing on their festive front porch and admiring their decor! I have to admit their are a few houses in town, I walk by on a daily basis that I would love an excuse to ring the bell and get a closer look! Every year I make the wreath for the front door and am always looking for creative new ideas to dress the door. I have been collecting ideas for next year already given I will need them well in advance of the holiday season. I learned something new this year, a florist's secret for creating the most lush, fresh wreath. You start with an oasis, floral foam wreath as the base and soak it in water and then grab your gardening sheers and head for the woods.


Here are just a few of the wreaths that have caught my attention this year followed by the wreath I created this Christmas for my new mud room entrance just off our new garage.


{Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles}



{Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles}






{Martha Stewart}



My Christmas wreath on my new mud room door.

Since I took this picture, I have added a big burlap bow. I started with boxwood and then added lots of greenery from my garden. A neighbor trimmed her curly willow bush earlier this fall and I came home with an armfull that I have been keeping in the basement for the right opportunity. I added the little birds that are covered in silver glitter, jewels and real feathers. I discovered the silver bell garland at World Market and also weaved it through the garland of greenery that surrounds my front door.



Here's a couple of before pictures...


 
Photobucket
You have read this article Christmas with the title Wreaths a plenty... You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/12/wreaths-plenty.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Wreaths a plenty.."

Post a Comment