Going Coastal




I just spent a few days at the North Carolina coast, my first visit of the season, and I am already ready to go back. There is something so incredibly relaxing about being by the sea. I am heading to Myrtle Beach this weekend for a High School soccer tournament with my daughter, not exactly the excursion I am dreaming of. Did you know that Kelly Wearstler is originally from Myrtle Beach? Her mother was an interior designer and antiques dealer. She moved to Hollywood thinking she wanted to be in the movie business and quickly decided this wasn't for her. She got her start in interior design by decorating the house of real estate developer, Brad Korzen, whom she married in 2002. Just a little fun fact.

 The over-the-top gorgeous photo above is from the front porch of Steven Gambrel's Sag Harbour cottage. I wonder if it is from his new book "Time and Place" which, by the way, is getting great reviews. I am kinda' of a design book junkie and a big fan of Gambrel's style, so can't wait to pick up a copy for myself. 

I love driftwood! Can you imagine the tree that this piece came from? I also thought the shutter details were really spot-on....just a beautiful organic vignette!

Here are just a few images that have me dreaming about a coastal dream house:







{Rosemary Beach - McAlpine Tankersley}








Have a wonderful weekend!


Photobucket
You have read this article beach / coastal interiors with the title Going Coastal. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2012/03/going-coastal.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Going Coastal"

Post a Comment