Sneak Peek: My Home Office


I think I am the slowest decorator in the whole world! 

You may remember a blog post I wrote over a year ago, Working Spaces: The Home Office. Many of the details have changed since I wrote that post but the prevailing aesthetic remains the same. I wanted this space to be a little more modern than the rest of my house. The room is decorated with all my favorite things and colors - warm grays, browns and a touch of soft blue.

Since I will be preoccupied with the High Point Furniture Market for the next 10 days, I thought I would leave you with just a few images of my latest home project. 



Still on my 'To Do List' is to have the shutter guy come and take down my plantation shutters and have them repainted in my new trim color. I bought the reclaimed elm console at market last year. The library lights are from Visual Comfort and are my favorite element in the room. The biggest challenge I faced when designing this room was the long and awkward shape of the space and the fact that the large bay window that we added when we renovated the house twelve years ago was off center. The new built-ins that stretched all the way to the ceiling helped rebalance the room and give height to this space that has eight foot ceilings. The slipcovered chairs swivel and are from Lee Industries, a favorite showroom at the High Point Market.


This little shelf that pulls out from the ends of the desk is essential for this room to work. Since the chairs swivel, you can not put a table beside them. This little pull-out provides the perfect spot for a drink.



I bought these petrified wood candle holders during the Fall High Point Market and the blue coral from Bliss Studio last Spring. I love to incorporate things from nature into every room. All the fabrics in the room are from Galbraith & Paul.




The drum tables from Lee Industries are another favorite element in the room. They are so versatile and can be used as stools, ottomans or little tables. I hope to find the perfect coffee table at market this week. I am looking for something long and narrow that is made from reclaimed wood and possibly metal.



My best friend, Sadie, grabs a nap in a patch of sunlight. I am also searching for something special for over the sofa, art or decorative object.
Photobucket
You have read this article galbraith and paul / home office / Lee Industries / my home / Visual Comfort lighting with the title Sneak Peek: My Home Office. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2012/04/sneak-peek-my-home-office.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Sneak Peek: My Home Office"

Post a Comment