Rustic Getaway


Wishing all of you a fun Memorial Day weekend!

I love the idea of getting away to a rustic family cabin at the lake, beach or mountains, nothing fussy, just a special place to bring family and friends together.

Here are a few images that have found their way to my Pinterest boards that have me dreaming.




I love that white slipcovered chaise! This cozy little cabin room is from everyone's favorite architect - Bobby McAlpine.


I love the rustic shutters around the door and you can see an outdoor curtain just out of view. You could easily close just the shutters and let the breeze come through.


Love the painted floor in combination with the rustic barn paneling. Look closely, the picture is taken through a dutch door. Oh my!


I don't know where this is but take me there. I have always had a thin for stone houses, old beams and dutch doors.



Soft, hazy colors and natural textures give this Shelter Island, New York, living room a breezy elegance. Homeowners Harriet Maxwell Macdonald and Andrew Corrie sanded the oak floors, leaving them unfinished, and sanded and whitewashed the pine-plank walls and botanical tiles. 







I love this craggily entrance that looks like someone gathered rustic things from around the property to create it. I love the thought of leaving a pretty refined traditional space back home and retreating to something very rustic - wood paneling, bark siding, old beams, stone walls, reclaimed wood - all the things that remind me of the natural world just beyond the door.



The covered porch, above, is one of my all time favorite images from a North Carolina cabin decorated by Charleston designer, Amelia Handegan.

Have a wonderful weekend!



Photobucket
You have read this article with the title Rustic Getaway. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2012/05/rustic-getaway.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Rustic Getaway"

Post a Comment