Details I love...


My husband and I are in the process of renovating a house in the mountains that was built and decorated in the late 1970's...let your imagination paint the picture!

I will post before and after pictures at a later date but for right now I am decision mode trying to add details that will give my home character and charm. Much of the bones of the home will stay the same - the floors, the cabinetry, the floor plan - which leaves us with an exciting challenge to use paint and creative ideas to add charisma. 

I have put together a series of posts that will highlight some of the things that I like and am trying to incorporate into the design. Have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest? It is making my job as weekend decorator a whole lot easier!

The first detail I would like to highlight is a skirted counter. I love the softness and cottage charm it brings into rooms that typically do not have soft furnishings. We plan to skirt a little section of the kitchen counter to hide the recycling and also plan to update the master bath cabinetry. We are using a neutral Belgian linen similar to the first image in the kitchen and a brown ticking stripe in the bath.

I am still searching for a source for the small diameter brass rail and rings...anybody?








{Heather Chadduck - favorite from the old Cottage Living}










Photobucket
You have read this article Design is in the Details with the title Details I love.... You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2013/02/details-i-love.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Details I love..."

Post a Comment