Gather Around the Table


 

Have you planned your Thanksgiving table yet? With Thanksgiving only a week away, I am having a little fun around my house planning for the overflow around the kitchen table. My kitchen table is an old french farm table, more narrow than a typical kitchen table. The high backs of these old french chairs help keep the proportions in perspective. I bought them from my friend Chris {hi chris ~ thank you}! She stumbled upon a set of six and offered her current set of 4 to me! They were already covered in this amazing blue linen, an exact match for my kitchen. Some things are just meant to be!

Anyhooo, you know everyone will end up in the kitchen so why not set an interesting table? I haven't started on the dining room table yet but plan to have a more formal table setting in there. Here I have used a Vagabond Vintage throw as the tablecloth. The reverse side { a muted turquoise plaid} is fantastic too. You may remember from that gorgeous stack of textiles from my Spring visit to the High Point Furniture market. They are all one-of-a-kind and are called something that I can't remember but they are named for the tiny handsewn stitch used to connect the front to the back. I am not sure what I will do with it next ~ a throw at the foot of the bed; a tailgate tablecloth or draped over a chair in my den. It is so soft!


I found this incredibly interesting cork stump planter from Randy McManus Flowers in Greensboro. I planted it with simple ferns and gathered some moss from a shaded area in my yard to hide some of the top edges of the planter. I love ferns!


I scattered some leaves from the Japanese maple on my deck and added a few colorful heirloom pumpkins for the picture above. I like the touch of color with the otherwise muted table scape. I am still making adjustments for the final table to debut Thanksgiving Day. The turquoise tinted water glasses are from HomeGoods and the hand hammered scroll flatware is from TJ Maxx. The turquoise dinner napkins with gold beaded fringe are from Pier I Imports. The antler candelabra were a gift from my brother last Christmas. He made them from found, naturally shod antlers.


I love the opportunity to use my collection of brown and white transferware. Here you can see the details of my favorite pattern. It does not have a 'mark'. Brown and white comes in a wide variety of colors and this shade of brown is so yummy! One day, I need to do the research to determine who it is made by. You can also see the party favors. I covered tiny pots of baby tears with burlap and tied them with velvet ribbon and a contrasting paper ribbon in green.

On another note, I am trying to ween myself from the beautiful pictures I find online and share some of my own ideas via my own photography. I REALLY appreciate the recent post from Eddie Ross "Behind the Scenes of a Cover Shoot" where he showed what actually goes into the photography that appears in the magazines. His styling is so lovely on its own but it is also encouraging to see that a lot goes into making it ready for publication. I have a lot to learn!
Photobucket
You have read this article tablescape / Thanksgiving with the title Gather Around the Table. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2010/11/gather-around-table.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Gather Around the Table"

Post a Comment