Seasonal Palette: The Color of Love

{Homes and Gardens}

In honor of Valentine's Day, I am featuring my favorite red and white rooms. My style is all about neutrals and beautiful blues and greens so I am typically not a big fan of red. If I went red, this is what I would do...



I love the warm textures and playful red fabrics in the Highlands, North Carolina mountain home designed by Carole Weaks of Atlanta. The fabrics are from Peter Fasano.


{source unknown}

 I am loving the faded striped dhurrie rug and hand blocked print on the chairs.


{interior design by Alessandra Branca}

I love the details in this room ~ the contrasting trim outlining the window and walls and the trim with nailhead detail along the edge of the chair. This tiny room, saturated in color, texture and pattern has been transformed into a little jewel box!



{Atlanta decorator Tyler Colgen; photography by Megan Thompson via Nest Egg}


{Alessandra Branca}

Alessandra Branca is a master with red and produces some of the most inspiring red rooms. She uses a ticking stripe to its full potential.

{Kitchen from designer Ellen O'Neill's Bridgehampton, New York home}

Don't miss this month's House Beautiful ~ "The Power of Pink" for a complete tour of O'Neill's charming and quirky Bridgehampton cottage. It is filled with faded old textiles and charming antiques from her antique excursions to the flea markets of Paris.



Loving the soft pink stripes painted on the wall behind the bed.

{source unknown}

I have such fond memories of bath time! This is such a happy space.

{BHG via Decor Pad}

I love the crisp white slipcovers in combination with this clear, bright red storage boxes.


{alessandra branca}

{les indiennes}

A great source for this look are the hand-blocked textiles from les indiennes: http://www.lesindiennes.com/fabric_library/index.htm

Photobucket
You have read this article color / red and white / seasonal palette with the title Seasonal Palette: The Color of Love. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/02/seasonal-palette-color-of-love.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Seasonal Palette: The Color of Love"

Post a Comment