Simplicity


Atlanta Interior Designer Carolyn Malone and husband John's amazing cabin was featured in this month's Garden and Gun. It captivated me with it's simplicity and the story behind the cabin is my dream realized.

You have to understand, as you drive to the coast or take the backroads to the mountains in North Carolina, beautiful old tobacco barns and cabins dot the landscape. Sometimes the cabin is gone and all that remains is the stone chimney. I have an affinity for beautiful old things and have always wanted to 'rescue' my own little cabin and bring it back to life.

My affection for log cabins started when I was in my early twenties.

Years ago my husband and I attended our close friend's wedding at a cabin in the woods off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. It was a very small and intimate gathering with the wedding ceremony down the hill from the cabin by a trout stream. Back at the cabin, a local Blue Grass band played followed by a local chef's dinner by candlelight in the little cabin. Their wedding wrote the definition for spiritual and totally blew my circuits... an old- fashioned Southern girl who had the twelve o'clock wedding and Country Club reception.

The log cabin was actually two 18th century structures our friend and his Dad bought together and spent weekends for a year painstakingly reassembling. His dad died before they were married.

You'll enjoy reading about the Malones...click on over the Garden & Gun to read the full article and see a few more beautiful photos.












Photobucket
You have read this article cabin / mountains with the title Simplicity. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2012/01/simplicity.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Simplicity"

Post a Comment