Christmas Bulbs for the home or gifts


Merry Christmas!

Okay, that's the first Merry Christmas for me. I am getting in the spirit as I am making my wreath, draping the front door with evergreens and planting paperwhite bulbs. With everything on my holiday list, I always start by filling the house with beautiful evergreens and sweet smelling flowers.

Do you plant paperwhite bulbs?

It's a tradition I began the first year we were married and one of my favorite ways to bring natural decorations into my home for Christmas.


I love this simple picture from the blog antiqueaholics

It is exactly the way I want my home to look for Christmas. 


I think this creamware tureen is actually filled with white hyacinths but it would be equally gorgeous if filled with paperwhites. This is my inspiration for my container below. 


I love this simple holiday table. 

It's one of those great Pinterest images that anyone could use to inspire their own holiday table - natural, textural table runner, a series of blooming paperwhites, simple glass vases, hurricanes with candles, pine cones and white dishes.





A classic red and white striped holiday ribbon keeps these paperwhites upright.


Here's a snapshot of the paperwhite bulbs I am planting right now for my own home. I like to select a different container and use them in a new way each year. I bought this white tureen from TJ Maxx a long time ago for something like $9.00. It's not precious so does not need a liner.  I love these blue river stones I bought many years ago from the now defunct Gardener's Eden. I wash them and use them over and over.

Ideally, you need to allow three weeks for paperwhite bulbs to bloom. My favorite greenhouse owner recommends watering them with warm water and putting them near my gas logs to accelerate their blooming cycle. I bought a different variety of bulb this year that has a lighter scent.


Here is a picture of my living room mantle with the bulbs that I started a few weeks ago. They are planted in a pair of hand blown glass hurricanes from Belgium that I bought at the High Point Furniture Market.

I look forward to sharing more holiday inspiration as I begin to blog a little more. Sorry for my long absence! Life definitely gets in the way of blogging...it's a good thing!


Photobucket
You have read this article Christmas / paperwhite bulbs with the title Christmas Bulbs for the home or gifts. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-bulbs-for-home-or-gifts.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Christmas Bulbs for the home or gifts"

Post a Comment