Inspired: Visiting New York City at Christmas Time



One of my most favorite things to do during the Christmas season is take a quick trip to New York. I come away filled with the holiday spirit and enough inspiration to last throughout the year. This year, my sister and I went in celebration of my 50th birthday for just a few days starting on a Sunday - note to self, this is a great way to avoid some of the traffic, crowds, expense of visiting NYC and you can start the trip with an over-the-top gorgeous Sunday brunch. The best in New York City has to be the elegant brunch at the historic Waldorf Astoria.

I plan to share some of my favorite things from our whirlwind trip but for now will just share a few of my favorite snapshots with hopes you share my enthusiasm for this wonderful city. 

I should also note that the New Yorkers we encountered during our trip were incredibly gracious hosts.  Thank you for the holiday cheer and kindness you showed us!


Love, love these glossy black doors adorned with natural evergreen wreaths...notice that the magnolia leaves have been painted gold.


Christmas trees planted in wine boxes adorn one of the street corners.



The ABC Carpet and Home Santa Claus with his latest visitor


Charming rabbits peek from under an antique garden chair in the window at ABC Carpet.


Stockings at ABC Carpet and Home.




The Christmas mantle in the Drawing Room of the Crosby Street Hotel.


I love the variety and scale of the greenery that is available from the neighborhood florists, especially the large bundles of sticks and branches.



A handsome pair of Labradors waiting patiently for their morning walk...reminds me of home!


Flowers and red berries at a street vendor on Lexington Avenue.




The Mecox Gardens window.



My favorite place to window shop, Treillage.


A gorgeous gift from Treillage elegantly wrapped and ready to gift.





The large illuminated wreath at the Waldorf Astoria.

Merry Christmas!
Photobucket
You have read this article Christmas / New York with the title Inspired: Visiting New York City at Christmas Time. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2012/12/inspired-visiting-new-york-city-at.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Inspired: Visiting New York City at Christmas Time"

Post a Comment