Friday Entertaining


It is the perfect time of year to entertain outside and since it's friday, I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite outdoor rooms, a great guide to making a sophisticated cheese board and a little DIY project I created earlier today that anyone can do at home.


{Circa Interiors for Southern Living}
"A mix of texutres lends interest to a neutral color palette without disrupting the clean, uncluttered look." –Cindy Smith
 {The porch serves as an open-air dining pavilion with views of the Sawtooth Mountains. Interior design from my newest fav - m. elle design To see more of this house visit Elle Decor here}


I love this centerpiece for an outdoor table! I think you could easily recreate this arrangement if you had an interesting oblong container like a rustic dough bowl or antique concrete trough.

Just add moss and a variety of ferns with different colors and textures.

{The basics for creating a great cheese board from Real Simple}
I often order a cheese board when I am at a favorite restaurant in town and think it is such a wonderful thing to serve when you entertain at home. The only problem is, I am like a deer in the headlights when I arrive at the cheese counter. I often ask for some assistance and am still overwhelmed with the choices. Several years ago, my sister and I went to New York together and had the 'original' cheese board that started my lust for cheese boards. We went to a restaurant named Commerce in the village and the cheese board included honeycomb like the one pictured above. It was my first experience tasting honeycomb with cheese and I have been addicted ever since.

I love the simple explanation and cheese tutorial in this Real Simple article. 



I collected leaves during my morning walk and created these pretty little votives. They were so easy and look so beautiful when the candle is burning. Here are the simple instructions:

Collect a variety of leaves in different shapes and colors.

Place a stripe of double sided tape around the middle of a votive. Following a floral demonstration I saw many years ago, I bought a roll of double-sided carpet tape that I keep on hand.

Twist some gold decorative floral wire around the center and knot.

You can add a twig or a little moss or lichen to the knot if you desire.


Have a nice weekend!



Photobucket
You have read this article Al fresco dining / autumn / DIY / fall / Friday Entertaining with the title Friday Entertaining. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2013/11/friday-entertaining.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Friday Entertaining"

Post a Comment