Friday flowers: DIY Silver Pumpkin with Tulips and Hydrangea



Happy Friday!

I am still playing with pumpkins and flowers and thought I would share my latest creation. I discovered this great product - liquid leaf - that is super easy to paint anything! Warning, it will also guild your countertops, table or crisply ironed white shirt. Unfortunately, I know this first hand.

Why do I love it?

It comes in a variety of finishes. You can paint it right onto natural, organic surfaces like pumpkins, pears and pinecones. You can find it with the gold leafing supplies. Here is a link.



On Tuesday, I presented a floral demonstration for my garden club and the above arrangement is one of the ones I prepared in advance. I couldn't believe I found white tulips (my favorite flower) at Whole Foods. I am one of those people that really doesn't like orange and red so this silver leaf is a great way to use a seasonal pumpkin and still work within my favored palette.

Here is the super easy tutorial:



Start with a great pumpkin! Look for the perfect shape and size. Cut a wide whole in the top and scoop out all the insides. Scrape down the sides, like you would carve a Jack-O-Lantern. Paint your pumpkin with liquid leaf and let dry.


Fit a disposable, plastic container into the pumpkins cavity. Fill the container with presoaked wet Oasis floral foam. Pick greenery from your garden - I used Lavender, Elaeagnus and Lambs Ear.Add grocery store flowers - Hydrangea and White Tulips.


With all the supplies and flowers the arrangement cost less than $20. It would be a fun project to do as a girl's night out or with teenage daughters. Remember, that a pumpkin is perishable so you may want to display your pumpkin on a tray or platter so that it doesn't damage your furniture.



Have a great weekend!

Photobucket
You have read this article floral design / flowers / pumpkins / Thanksgiving with the title Friday flowers: DIY Silver Pumpkin with Tulips and Hydrangea. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2013/11/friday-flowers-diy-silver-pumpkin-with.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Friday flowers: DIY Silver Pumpkin with Tulips and Hydrangea"

Post a Comment