Closet Envy

Lizzie Carney's closet via Country Living

Warning this post will make you covet!

As I continue to go through my house looking at the small working spaces and try to get organized for the New Year, I start to look for new and fresh ideas to update my closet. I love to drool over the many images of designer, showhouse and celebrity closets but realistically, I just want a pleasant space that is well-organized, fresh and happy. I want to open my double-doors and in an instant be able to throw together an outfit and look stylish for my morning meeting.

We renovated an old house about ten years ago and the master closet was the one area that I REALLY had to make some tough decisions. We were able to carve out a wonderful space for a large master bath but a walk-in closet was just not possible. We were able to make three double-doored closets so my husband and I each have our own spaces and a little extra room for linens and formal wear and coats.

So today i thought I would share a little bit of the fantasy and {slowly} transition into some realistic ideas that we might all be able to achieve within a reasonable budget. I am particularly fond of the new closet design by Jen of Made by Girl. You've got to check it out!

{Southern Accents}


The closet from Sex in the City via movie set photos from Elle Decor




{Jenna Lyons closet from Domino}


Celebrity Nicky Hilton in her closet}


Wallpaper in the closet?

I think it's a great way to add pizazz to an otherwise dark and small space. Because I live in an old house with not enough closets, I would have to put a whole lot more in this closet.

I love this idea!


The recent unveiling of Jen's closet of Made by Girl has motivated me to stylize my own closet. Visit her site to learn more but you should know the closet components are from Ikea and that cute leopard runner is from Ballard Designs! Totally do-able! Now that incredible selection of shoes...

Ever wonder what to do with your {special} shopping bags?


{retail therapy!}

{Moth Design updates her closet with a quick DIY ~ framed shopping bags}


{Olivia Palermo in her closet}
Photobucket
You have read this article closet / DIY / working spaces with the title Closet Envy. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/01/closet-envy.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Closet Envy"

Post a Comment