Working Spaces: The Home Office

{Ashley Goforth Interior Design via DecorPad}

It happens every year about this time ~ I am crazy for organization!

I crave simplicity, serenity and order. So, with the New Year comes a new set of priorities centered around making the "working spaces" in my home more streamlined. In addition, I would like to make these spaces aesthetically pleasing ~ chic and inviting. So, for the next few posts, I plan to look at spaces within the home that I am going to call working spaces ~ the entry or mud room, the pantry, the closet, the laundry room and the home office ~ and try to open your eyes to new possibilities. Are you with me?

To kick-off this series, I have been working on a redesign for my home office. I spend most of my time in my home office and often need to have guests accompany me there. I would like to make my current office space more functional with additional storage, better lighting and find a solution for the bzillion cords that collect dust under my desk!  Most importantly, I would like to find the source for that slipcovered chair that is keeping me awake at night. I'm in love!

Our home office also serves double duty as a family den. It is so easy to come up with a design I like for a fictional home office but the task becomes much more challenging when working with existing spaces that need to serve more than one function.

The office above from Houston designer Ashley Goforth and below from Atlanta architect Stan Dixon serve as my inspiration. The next photo is THE chair followed by two different office designs I have put together. It is so hard to find dynamic lead fabrics at reasonable prices. I am incredibly fond of these two 100% cotton fabrics from Dwell Studio. So much so, I can't decide which one I like more!

{Stan Dixon via Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles}


I am seriously in LOVE with this chair!
It's THE chair for me, and I would love to know who makes it. Does anyone know?

{the inspiration for my bookshelves from Suzanne Kasler}


{Glass Column Lamp from Wisteria; Dylan Desk in bleached pine from Four Hands; Robert Allen Soft Scrolls Fabric in charcoal for Dwell Studio; French upholstered wing chair in sand Belgian linen from Restoration Hardware; white cowhide rug from Nieman Marcus}



{Dining chair in patton mushroom linen from Lee Industries; sleek cement lamp from Wisteria; Urbane bronze from Sherwin Williams; Madame X desk; Gate charcoal fabric from Dwell Studio}



{quatrefoil tags from Suzanne Kasler for Ballard Designs to label all my baskets}

{Linen covered boxes to organize the clutter from West Elm}

{baskets from West Elm}



As far as organizing the cord clutter, I plan to follow the expert advise from Real Simple:
You have read this article desks / home office / stan dixon / Suzanne Kasler / working space with the title Working Spaces: The Home Office. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/01/working-spaces-home-office.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Working Spaces: The Home Office"

Post a Comment