Blooming Branches



I had some forsythia cuttings leftover from garden club yesterday and sprinkled it around the house for some spring color. I love having flowers around the house at all times. It is one of the small things that really makes me happy. I read an article recently on happiness that said studies show that happiness is really not one BIG thing but a series of little things that make a person happy. Flowers are one of my little things.


I decided to share a few pictures I took in New York when I visited last Spring. The seasonal floral displays in New York were amazing. I am sure I embarassed myself when I took these pictures but I am so glad that I did!



The picture above is from Bergdorf Goodman. I am not sure if this is Cherry Blossom or Quince. Do you know?  Berdorf's had it BIG and everywhere!



The picture above and the next two pictures are from the restaurant Park Avenue Spring where we had lunch. Park Avenue Spring completely reinvents itself each time the season changes so it actually has 4 names Park Avenue Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn.

Here's a snippet from their website:

"Over a forty-eight hour timeframe, the restaurant was completely transformed from Park Avenue Winter to a completely new décor for Spring, inspired by a classic English garden with wild, raw vegetation and materials. To convert the cuisine to the new season, chef-partner Craig Koketsu and executive chef Kevin Lasko created the refined, spring-inspired menu with contemporary classic dishes. The menu's focus evolved from showcasing winter’s rustic flavors to highlighting the best of spring’s produce."

Oh, the food was delicious!


I thought I would also share a few images of spring flowering branches...

















Photobucket


Sources {1-7 me} (8} Suzanne Kasler's office via Atlanta Homes magazine {9} Unknown {10} Southern Living {11} via habitually Chic {12} Ellen O'Neill's Home via House Beautiful {13-14} Design Apothecary {15} Martha Stewart {16} Unknown
You have read this article floral design / flowers / gardening / New York with the title Blooming Branches. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/03/blooming-branches.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Blooming Branches"

Post a Comment