Gifts from the Garden


This morning I woke up with a smile knowing that today I would be sharing some of the lovely blooms in my garden with home bound seniors. My garden trug looked so pretty this morning filled with boxwood, white camellia blossoms and greenery from my yard.  I bought that old English garden trug almost twenty years ago. I used to plant it with flowers every spring but haven't thought about it in a while.


I have blogged about this before here but today my garden club brought greenery and grocery store flowers for a program in our community called Gifts From Gran's Garden. To learn more about GFGG click here to read an article that appeared in the Winston Salem Journal. We arrange small nosegays for the trays that go out to seniors receiving Meals-on-Wheels. We also arrange several bowl arrangements for seniors receiving in home care. Many of these seniors used to have elaborate gardens and just love these little gifts of flowers. Here are a few of the arrangements we put together this morning. Almost everything in these arrangements are from our gardens with the exception of the orange lanterns and the roses.

Spring is finally here in Winston Salem with trees beginning to flower and daffodils and forsythia blooming.




Photobucket
You have read this article floral design / flowers / gardening with the title Gifts from the Garden. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/03/gifts-from-garden.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Gifts from the Garden"

Post a Comment