Exploring Cottage Charm: The Prairie

I wish, I wish I could have gone to the bloggers conference held recently in California. I have so much to learn and would have truly enjoyed spending time with the many talented and creative bloggers that inspire me on a daily basis. I hope the bloggers that had a chance to attend will continue to share the things they learned. One of the things that I am hearing is that readers like series. I know that when I discussed "working spaces" in our homes ~ the home office, the laundry room, the closet and the pantry ~ my readers loved it. So, today, I am starting a new series entitled "Exploring Cottage Charm." As Spring comes into bloom, I crave the simplicity and casual charm of a cottage. I hope to bring to you a contemporary spin on the cottage with images and sources you may not know about. In other words...not your Grandmother's cottage.



No one could seriously blog about cottage charm without mentioning Rachel Ashwell. As those of you who are regular readers of Cote de Texas already know, last fall Ashwell purchased a popular Texas guest ranch frequented by antique dealers who make the seasonal pilgrimage to Round Top, Texas. Rachel Ashwell herself has been seeking treasures at Round Top for over a decade and was seduced by the charm of The Outpost at Cedar Creek Inn. The guest ranch is located down a country road about 5 miles outside of Round Top, Texas and features not only the original 1800's Mayer family farmstead home but also a series of cottages, log cabins, Texas ranch houses and even an airstream that have been relocated to the property over the years. Be sure to visit Cote de Texas to read Joni's original post of this blogworthy announcement and view the interesting before pictures of the inn.

The collage below is from Rachel Ashwell's blog and offers a sneak peek into her plans for the bed and breakfast she has affectionately renamed "The Prairie" soon to be unveiled {March 23rd!} just in time for the 43rd annual Round Top Antique market scheduled for the end of the month ~ March 30 - April 2 later this month. I wait in anticipation after reading the quote from her blog:

"The unveiling will happen in March along with the carpet of wildflowers for as far as the eye can see."



Below are a few photographs from Ashwell's website, the shabby chic aesthetic we all know and love!







Have you ever been to the antique shows in Round Top?

It's on my list of things I've always wanted to do. I bet "The Prairie" is already booked for the next million years.



Photobucket
You have read this article exploring cottage charm / rachel ashwell / round top texas antique show with the title Exploring Cottage Charm: The Prairie. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/03/exploring-cottage-charm-prairie.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Exploring Cottage Charm: The Prairie"

Post a Comment