For the Love of Mushrooms


Do you like mushrooms?

There is something about mushrooms that I find attractive. I am not sure if they remind me of a walk in the woods or if I just like their happy, whimsical character.
The tart featured above is from Martha Stewart {duh!}. I would love to try to make this for a casual lunch with friends. Could it really be that hard to make? It would make a great centerpiece for a casual get together served simply with a green salad, fresh herb dressing and of course, a bottle of wine. Here's the link to the recipe. Let me know if anyone out there gives it a whirl.




{via stylist  Rebecca Thuss}

Are you familiar with stylist Rebecca Thuss? I stumbled upon her website a few months ago and found that I love everything she touches! Her work is amazing.
 

The meringue mushrooms surrounding the holiday yule log above and below are incredible. I think the cake would be a lovely diversion from the typical floral wedding cake. I envision a nature inspired woodland wedding in the mountains with lots of ferns and faux bois.





Have I gone to far with a mushroom and moss centerpiece?




A collection of mushroom botanicals decorate the wall of this pantry featured on Cote de Texas.





A close up of an 18th century botanical print ~ Mushroom with dirt



Mercury glass mushrooms, new, from West Elm would be great grouped on a table or bookshelf.



I bought this set of three carved mushrooms in New York at Treillage when I visited just before Christmas. The vignette above is my second attempt at an asymmetrical arrangement in my house. You know I must be odd to fly all the way to New York for a special few days of  Christmas shopping and come home with three carved mushrooms!

 I actually love them.

I think the reason I adore Treillage is because of all the nature inspired products.

For just $32 you can grow shiitake mushrooms at home. Available from Terrian, the shiitake mushroom log will produce 1/4 to 1/3 pound of mushrooms every two months for about four years.

A compelling proposition, don't you think?
You have read this article cooking / gardening / recipes / Treillage with the title For the Love of Mushrooms. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-love-of-mushrooms.html. Thanks!

No comment for "For the Love of Mushrooms"

Post a Comment