Day {21} Silent Night ~ The Guest Room


 
{Suzanne Rheinstein via 1st Dibs}

This decadent guest room is from my favorite new coffee table book by Suzanne Rheinstein,  At Home: A Style for Today with Things from the Past. Isn't it lush! I am over-the-moon for the canopy bed and that soft fur rug, in combination they are just luxuriously decadent! Although my guest room is a far cry from the one above, I want my guests to feel that same kind of decadence when they come for a visit.

Are you having family and friends come for the holidays?

Here are a few tips I have put together for bathing your guests in luxury:

Give them something they wouldn't get at home ~ sheets pressed at the dry cleaners, fresh flowers, the newest coffee table book or latest editions of your favorite magazines.

Furnish the room with something extraordinarily soft ~ fur, cashmere, or my favorite, Pine Cone Hill's cotton fleece blanket. I am yet to have someone stay in my guest and not ask where I got this blanket.

Think practically and provide simple convenience for your guests ~ a small silver tray for jewelry, water in a crystal container, a place to charge a cell phone, an alarm clock, and good lighting.

Provide little necessities in case they forgot something and an elegant notebook and pencil.

{Carolyne Roehm via Vernada ~ Ultimate Guest Room}

{Carolyne Roehm via Vernada ~ Ultimate Guest Room}
{Carolyne Roehm via Vernada ~ Ultimate Guest Room}

Just in case you were wondering where I would love to spend the night....

{Shannon Bower's Swedish Style}

{via Room Seventeen}

{via Room Seventeen}

{via Nest Egg}

{House Beautiful}
Photobucket
You have read this article bedroom inspiration / books / Christmas / guest room / Suzanne Rheinstein with the title Day {21} Silent Night ~ The Guest Room. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2010/12/day-21-silent-night-guest-room.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Day {21} Silent Night ~ The Guest Room"

Post a Comment