Day {8} The Christmas Mantle


Many of my friends and absolutely everyone on my street has been busy, busy, busy getting their homes decorated for Christmas and yesterday, I finally put a wreath on the front door and planted a pair of cute little boxwoods in my urns. I filled the top of the urns with gold Christmas balls and purchased garland for my front columns. That is as far as I have gotten but I am now inspired and officially in the holiday spirit! My trip to New York this past weekend and the little dusting of snow and seeing all the beautiful homes dressed for Christmas during my daily commute has brightened my outlook.

Today, I plan to dress the mantle with magnolia and boxwood from my yard. I'll add a little sparkle with mercury glass votives and antique silver glittered pine cones. I'll layer in my collection of old mercury glass garland and vintage Christmas balls. {and then I'll stand back and decide to try it all over again}.

I have selected a few of the mantles that I just love just in case you still need some inspiration too.


{Lisa Ruby Ryan via Veranda}



{via Ikea}

{Home and Garden}

{via Martha Stewart}

I have never used the snow spray but I like the look...maybe I will give it a try this year.


{Camilla at Home}
Photobucket
You have read this article Christmas / mantle with the title Day {8} The Christmas Mantle. You can bookmark this page URL http://enjoywithluh.blogspot.com/2010/12/day-8-christmas-mantle.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Day {8} The Christmas Mantle"

Post a Comment